Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Welcome to World Builder Thorn

Hello, World Builder Thorn here, I've been writing things all over the net regarding various games and project and it was recently recommended that I create a blog to share my ideas and link to these rather than directly to shared google docs, which I have been doing. While I'm at it, I would also like to highlight other reviewers and content developers in the field.

So, what should you expect to see on this blog?
First and Foremost you will see my thoughts on video games and literature; the creation of, the culture around, and the playing/reading of. Culture... yes. I am a student of Sociology, so cultural analysis is very important to me and it is a very major part of how I look at all things in life. Which leads to another portion of this blog, social change. I will be talking about social change as we see it in literature, TV and movies, social media, and yes, video games.

At present I am working on two major projects and you will likely hear a lot about them for some time.

EverQuest: Next & Landmark
These games by Sony Online Entertainment are so unique and interesting and I am involved in the largest development team in history trying to build them. I am a Trailblazer member in the Closed Beta of Landmark at the moment. I am not much of a builder yet, but I'm trying to learn. Expect a small flood of posts regarding these games as I have been creating documents for them for several months. While I won't be attending, SOE Live is not very far off, so I've been scouring over every interview and scrap of information I can to see what the devs have said is coming, either on purpose or by accident.

Xamesh & The Galactic Commonwealth
This is a very large social change writing project I have been working on for the past several years. It is mostly presented in the form of vignettes (very short stories covering one event or encounter) that are knitted together to form a much larger story of the entire world and events. It will touch on all kinds of social issues while hopefully remaining fun at every step.

Some content discussed will be things that are not typically 'allowed' to be discussed, however, I will avoid treating these topics flippantly. Everything on this blog should be either SFW or require clicking through to the NSFW content. I will try to tag my posts appropriately so you can skip content you don't want to view.

No comments:

Post a Comment